The first major inconvenience that you could suffer is low self-esteem and not smiling in public due to embarrassment to show your teeth and also due to the following oral health problems:
- Head and neck pain. If the teeth don’t fit together properly, unnecessary pressure is put on the jaws and teeth (similar to bruxism), leading to common headaches and neck pain.
- Difficulty performing good dental hygiene. If the teeth are mounted or crowded, oral hygiene, flossing properly and brushing all sides of the teeth are very difficult. Which leads to the accumulation of tartar and bad breath.
- There is an increased risk of dental caries. For the reasons stated in the previous point, and because food debris can accumulate in some places on the teeth, there is a greater risk of developing cavities.
- There is more tooth wear. If the teeth do not fit as they should in the oral cavity, there is greater friction between them, which also causes greater wear.
- Lack of clarity when speaking and pronouncing. The fact of having the teeth in inadequate positions can cause our tongue to have an obstacle to speech and pronunciation.
- Bad chewing of food. If the teeth do not fit together as they should or the jaw is misaligned, it is possible that the process of chewing food requires more effort in our oral cavity or some foods do not go through this process completely.
As you can understand, the poor positioning of the teeth or jaw is not only an aesthetic problem, but it is like the tip of an iceberg, below the surface there can be many problems which can be quite serious.
If you have identified with any of the above problems, it may be a good idea to consult one of our experts and treat yourself to a perfect smile.